The Hub Radio Internship Program
The Hub Radio Station was established in 2009 by Andre Spicer. The internet-based radio station features various shows covering topics ranging from domestic violence to other pivotal issues that need to be addressed within the urban community. The radio station’s mission statement is “bringing people together for the better”. Andre Spicer is one of many correspondents on the show who interview local talent, authors, city council members, and more. Over the years, The Hub Radio viewership has grown over 25% each quarter. Andre Spicer takes pride in the growth in his company; however, he continues to seek ways to expand and develop The Hub Radio Station. Visit www.thehubradio.net to learn more.
We are seeking energetic individuals who are eager to learn the radio broadcasting business.
- Provide support to the staff of The Hub Radio.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Assist with social media platforms.
- Team player.
- Can prioritize and organize tasks to meet deadlines.
The Hub Radio Internship Program is designed to provide students with exposure to various departments within the radio broadcast industry. This is intended to be a developmental experience, and as such, staff provides constructive guidance throughout the program.
Qualifications (for High School and College Students):
- Enrolled in a full-time accredited college or university (Journalism, Media, or Communications major).
- High School Juniors and Seniors (with Parent consent).
- Transportation REQUIRED.
- GPA of 2.5 or higher and average 3.0 in Math and Science.
- Students must provide a letter from their college or university confirming that they will receive school credit. Our Internship are for credit only.
Email us at [email protected] for more information.